A panel of experts under the Central Drugs Authority has reviewed the Phase 3 trial data of Covaxin. Covaxin is developed by Bharat Biotech and the panel has accepted the result data. Bharat Biotech Hyderabad has revealed the final analysis of the Covaxin Efficacy rate in phase 3 of clinical trials. On 2nd July 2021, Bharat Biotech told that the overall efficacy rate of the vaccine is 77.8% against symptomatic infection.
Bharat Biotech Phase 3 results
Bharat Biotech has released the Phase 2 outcomes of the tests that they have conducted with Covaxin. They presented their findings to a panel of experts and the results are accepted. Here is all that you need to know about Bharat Biotech Covaxin Phase 3 trials.
In his latest tweet on 2nd July night, the co-founder of the country said that they are proud of their scientists who put India on the global map for producing effective vaccines. According to the latest news, symptomatic trials were conducted on 130 Covid-19 patients from 18-98 years of age. The tests were conducted on 25 different sites across the country. The outcomes of these trials are discussed below.
Bharat Biotech Phase 3 Data
- The overall efficacy rate of the vaccine was found 77.8%.
- Covaxin provides an efficacy rate of 65.2% against the Delta Variant.
- The vaccine provides a 93.4% efficacy rate against severe infections.
- Covaxin has the inactive form of virus and it was developed by Bharat Biotech.
- ICME and NIV Pune are partners with Bharat Biotech in the development of Covaxin.
- Bharat Biotech conducted the largest efficacy trial in which, over 25798 patients from the age of 18 to 98 were operated.
— BharatBiotech (@BharatBiotech) July 2, 2021
- These participants were recruited from 16 Nov 2020 to 7 January 2021 for Bharat Biotech Phase 3.
- Out of these 28798 participants, 24419 took two doses of the vaccine with four weeks of dose gap.
- 130 cases of symptomatic Corona infections were detected among 16973 participants.
- The overall efficacy rate was found 77.8%.
- Covaxin is approved in 16 countries including Brazil and Mexico.
- Bharat Biotech is no making around 23 million vaccine doses every month.
This is all we know about the Bharat Biotech phase 3 trials. Check below given links for more details on Covid-19 Vaccines.