IPS Full form will be discussed here. IPS officers serve in both the state and the central government. In addition to maintaining public order, IPS officers’ primary responsibility is to detect and prevent crime, manage traffic, prevent accidents, and respond to disasters. Among their primary responsibilities is leading and commanding Indian intelligence agencies such as the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW), the Intelligence Bureau (IB), the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), and the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in all states and union territories.
IPS Full form
It is the full form of the title, Indian Police Service. After getting selected in the IPS, candidates will be able to apply for senior posts within the Department of Police at the state and federal levels. During the time of British rule, before the Indian Police Service became an independent state, the service was known as the Indian Imperial Police. A few years after the Indian Constitution was created, the Indian Police Service was established under Article 312 of the Indian Constitution.
IPS officers need the following skills – In addition to hard work, determination, and willpower, he or she needs to be highly motivated. To take a just decision, you need to think clearly and to be able to analyze the situation. In addition, you need to make quick decisions and be aware of situations that could lead to violence and disorder. Listening and communicating well, as well as being sensitive to people’s aspirations. A thorough understanding of the law is also required. Moreover, physical fitness and mental alertness need to be improved.
Salary and benefits
The salary you receive as well as other benefits are generous in this job. First and foremost, the job itself is an honorable position, and there are many people dreaming of reaching it. Below is a list of benefits that are associated with it.
A new pay level called consolidation pay has been introduced in the civil service as a result of the 7th pay commission. Because of this, the pay scale for IPS is only determined by the basic salary, TA, DA, and HRA.
The salary for IPS officers is 56,100 INR at entry-level and 2,25,000 INR at the maximum.
- With the help of domestic help, you can live rent-free or for a minimal fee.
- Free electricity, personal phone calls, and a vehicle facility.
- Additionally, the option of taking a leave of absence to study abroad is available
- Job security, power, and social respect at high levels
- Moreover, medical attendance and lifetime pensions are included.
- A vehicle to use for official purposes is also required.
The IPS Full Form: What Is The Process of Becoming an IPS Officer?
IPS officers must get top marks in Civil Services in order to become officers. A three-stage selection process is followed in the Civil Services Exam. Shortlisted candidates who have specified IPS as their preferred service are entrusted with IPS.
UPSC CSE candidates interested in becoming an IPS Officer should familiarize themselves with the UPSC CSE eligibility criteria, as well as exam patterns and syllabus. Below we have provided information about UPSC CSE Exam eligibility and pattern.
IPS Eligibility Criteria
Before taking the UPSC CSE, candidates wishing to join the IPS must fulfill the criteria below. Detailed eligibility requirements are given below:
- The first is. UPSC IPS positions are only open to Indian citizens.
- Age Limit: The candidate must have reached the age of 21 by August 01, 2022 and not be over the age of 32 years of age. In other words, candidates cannot have been born before August 02, 1989, nor after August 01, 2000.
- An undergraduate degree from any recognized university or equivalent qualification is required.
Indian Police Service has pros and cons
- A member of the IPS could be tasked with working with the IB or RAW.
- They will also lead an adventurous life while in charge of their domain.
- Furthermore, you have the opportunity to participate in amazing projects like counterterrorism/investigation, intelligence collection, foreign liaison, etc.
- Furthermore, every IPS officer receives the above benefits.
- Covid Vaccine Registration
- Covid 2nd Dose Registration
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
- Corona Helpline Number
- Third Wave of Corona
- Covid Vaccine Tracker India
- Remdesivir Injection Uses
- Ideal Oxygen Level
- Covishield vaccine Registration
- Officers will be required to do a lot of fieldwork for the first 8-10 years of their service.
- Keeping physically fit and exercising regularly is essential. For many, however, this can be an advantage, as staying active should be the foundation of a healthy lifestyle.
- To be eligible for the job, the candidate must be able to handle being exposed to the disturbing scenes of crime scenes, blood, dead bodies, etc.
- Additionally, rare and emergency calls may arrive at midnight.
It’s not always easy to live up to IPS expectations, but you can promote peace, progress, and order as an IPS officer. Having this job is one of the most fulfilling in the world because it promotes both justice and humanity. It is therefore a job that is of great importance to people who wish to contribute to their communities and society in general.
|Official Portal||Click here|
|MPNRC Home||Click here|